Cold brewing as a brewing method is growing in popularity as a way to make smooth coffee with less acidity. The Toddy Cold Brew is our accessible choice to cold brewing, and here’s how to get it done:
- Insert the stopper into the outside bottom of the brewing container.
- Dampen the disc-shaped felt filter and insert it into the inside bottom of the brewing container.
- Open the top of your paper filter bag and place the bag into the brewing container. Measure out and pour 340g of coarse-ground coffee into the bag. Our ‘Ground for Plunger’ option on our product packs is perfect.
- Measure and pour 7 cups of water into the bag. Stir the coffee grounds gently with a spoon or spatula to ensure saturation.
- Steep your coffee grounds at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours to create a smooth, rich flavor.
- Place the brewing container on top of the glass decanter. Remove the stopper and let your coffee concentrate flow.
- Remove and discard paper filter and coffee grounds. Coffee concentrate will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator.
When serving, start with 1 part coffee concentrate, 3 parts water, milk, or soy. Pour over ice for smooth iced coffee, or stir in steaming water for a gentle hot coffee. Our full-bodied bitter-free blends work great both ways, so let your tongue guide the way.
Are you a fan of cold brewing? How do you have your cold brew coffee? Let’s chat in the comments below!