Don’t know where to start, or just looking for ideas?
There’s a lot of ways to brew and enjoy your cup of Killer Coffee. Here’s just a few.
How to use the Aeropress Tutorial
The AeroPress is a filter coffee maker that can be used in a variety of ways. Here’s one simple method for pressing the best out of your Killer Coffee:
- Prepare clean fresh water at a little above 90 degrees Celsius.
- Place one paper filter in the AeroPress filter cap. Rinse the filter with the hot water, then twist it onto your AeroPress.
- Grind up your beans (or pick our ‘Ground for Plunger’ option) and fill out the included scoop with ground coffee. If you’ve lost your scoop, it’s the same as 17g.
- Place the AeroPress over your mug or container and empty your ground coffee into it.
- Pour in your hot water. Up to the circular ‘2’ mark on the AeroPress will make an espresso shot, whereas up to the circular ‘4’ is closer to a long black.
- Use the included paddle to stir the coffee grounds slurry for about 15 seconds. Put the plunger in the AeroPress.
- Wait 30 seconds. Your Killer Coffee is becoming delicious.
- Press down on the plunger, pushing coffee straight into your mug. Plunging should take about 10-20 seconds – listen for a hissing sound that tells you when all the liquid is pushed through.
- Add more water or milk (hot or cold) to taste, then enjoy!
No one recipe will make your perfect AeroPress brew. Change things up for yourself, whether that be the ratio of grounds to water or how finely you grind your beans, and find your own favourite cup of Killer Coffee.
Video Tutorial: 3 Ways to Brew with the AeroPress
(Please note this video does not belong to The Killer Coffee Co. It's AeroPress that have published this tutorial, and we figured they would know their stuff.)
How to use the Toddy Cold Brew Tutorial
Cold brewing's growing in popularity as a way to make smooth coffee with less acidity. The Toddy Cold Brew is our accessible choice to cold brewing, and here's how to get it done:
- Insert the stopper into the outside bottom of the brewing container.
- Dampen the disc-shaped felt filter and insert it into the inside bottom of the brewing container.
- Open the top of your paper filter bag and place the bag into the brewing container. Measure out and pour 340g of coarse-ground coffee into the bag. Our 'Ground for Plunger' option on our product packs is perfect.
- Measure and pour 7 cups of water into the bag. Stir the coffee grounds gently with a spoon or spatula to ensure saturation.
- Steep your coffee grounds at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours to create a smooth, rich flavor.
- Place the brewing container on top of the glass decanter. Remove the stopper and let your coffee concentrate flow.
- Remove and discard paper filter and coffee grounds. Coffee concentrate will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator.
When serving, start with 1 part coffee concentrate, 3 parts water, milk, or soy. Pour over ice for smooth iced coffee, or stir in steaming water for a gentle hot coffee. Adjust to your tastes, and find out what makes your perfect cup of Killer Coffee.